We are pleased to announce our acquisition of the Restorative Techniques Thermatech & Thermavac super-heated water cleaning and recovery system.
Masonry Cleaning & Paint Removal > Key Points:
- Developed for use on historic buildings (Approved by English Heritage)
- Can be used for cleaning masonry, monuments, sculptures and the like
- Can be used to remove old lime wash from historic structures
- Can be used to remove old paint coatings from building facades and other surfaces
- Can be used both internally and externally
- Reduced mess as most debris is recovered within the Thermavac vacuum chamber
In addition to providing day to day technical support on our systems, Building Conservation (Isle of Man) can be engaged to produce on-site trials and reports. These are used to establish appropriate methodology, specification and exemplar panels.
Consultancy often extends to site meetings both before and during the works, to help mediate and manage the expectations of client, architect, conservation officer and contractor.
Working primarily with registered building masonry, we advise on the surface treatment of modern buildings, sculpture and monuments of stone, brick, terracotta, concrete, bronze and other metals.
We are committed to providing our clients with detailed, expert support in the specification and use of our products and services. When clients are considering which product or technique to use, we can perform on-site trials, providing technical reports and recommendations to aid decision making.
Please contact us for technical information on our cleaning systems, charge out rates, for project advice and project specific cost information. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 461662.
- Repair and maintenance of historic buildings
- Building Limes specialists – Lime mortars, renders, lime concretes, lime washes
- Natural Stone repair and consolidation
- Traditional Masonry, Carpentry, Roofing, Plastering (including Venetian and Marmorino etc.)
offered by The Venetian Plaster Company